Laying the foundation
Chiropractic care is like building a house - certain things have to happen in a particular order in order for everything to stand strong and work correctly. When building a house, if you tried to put up your walls before you had a solid foundation, your walls would be weak and eventually collapse. If you tried to put on your roof before the walls were ready, you would run into the same problem. The same is true for your body. Your body has to go through a particular plan of care in order to repair itself correctly and fully. There are three general phases of chiropractic care . . .
Phase 1: Relief Care
If you are in pain when you come into our office, the first objective is to help you feel better. Depending on the severity of your problem, it is typical to need care 2-3 times per week for 4-12 weeks.
Phase 2: Corrective/Restorative Care
During the corrective care phase, muscles and other tissues are allowed to heal more completely, thereby helping prevent injury. It is typical to need care 4-8 times per month for 6-24 months, depending on your overall health and the severity of your problem.
Phase 3: Wellness Care
Once your body has fully healed, it is important to come in for periodic adjustments to avoid problems in the future. Usually, this only requires a quick visit to the chiropractor 1-4 times per month, based on your lifestyle and goals.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a patient in our office. We treat patients with some of the most difficult cases of chronic pain, autoimmune thyroid, sciatica, herniated discs, and many other conditions with our advanced brain based rehabilitation, functional nutrition, functional hormone balancing, and spinal decompression.
We start our patient encounter with a case review to evaluate your health challenge and to see if you are a good match for the help our services can provide. Here is what is included in a Case Review:
- A case history, to discuss your problems and answer ALL your questions. You will be taken by the hand and ALL your questions and concerns will be answered before you leave.
- A Case Review questionnaire to determine if I you’re a good candidate for my help.
- A Dietary and Nutritional Evaluation. Here I will take you by the hand and analyze your dietary habits to determine whether or not you need to make any adjustments. In addition I will personally evaluate all your nutritional supplements, herbs, minerals, botanicals, homeopathics, etc. to determine whether or not they are right for you.
- Review of your submitted medical records. I will go over them with a fine-toothed comb to make sure nothing has been missed. I can’t tell you how many times I have found something that has been overlooked that could completely change your prognosis.
- I will even determine whether or not you have had all necessary and appropriate tests for your condition. I know from experience that you probably have not had thorough testing done to properly evaluate your condition.
- Finally, a written Recommended Action Plan.
To schedule your case review you can call one of our friendly staff at 925-829-8484 and we will get you scheduled for your appointment.
We like to get familiar with your case, and review your file, before we sit down for an examination and consultation. This allows our team to be extremely familiar and focused on your case.